Pages

'F R A G I L E' ILLUSTRATION



  ILLUSTRATION WORK 
                       
                      
                    

When it comes too drawing I am obsessed with collage and being expressive: My idea's normally come from a political or activism slant and then progress into an artwork which I incorporate into womenswear or menswear. I love using words and especially colour. 



We have a yearly illustration competition here at London college of Fashion which i'm excited too enter again this year. 

I want to start illustrating much more and do some more freelance work so if you like anything below i'd love love to hear from you @ nellyrocklondon@gmail.com 





These illustrations are from a project I did entitled 'Fragile' which looked at the challenges refugees face especially looking at the 'ZATAARI' refugee camp in Jordan which shelters more than 144,000 people. I was interested in the concept of wandering people and the journey made. I wanted to honour and pay tribute to the constrictions on these people's daily lives and gain some insight onto what is an unimaginable circumstance. I became obsessed with the concept of 'rose tinted spectacles' and the way in which we  are shielded in western society from the harsh truths of reality in these extreme circumstances in other parts of the world. 








All images are copyright ©NellyRock









No comments:

Post a Comment